[R] Unable to load packages RODBC and RODBCext in R

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Sep 12 20:28:44 CEST 2017

The messages tell you that the package files were successfully downloaded and extracted, but could not be added to the package library. Try making sure all instances of R are closed down before running the install.packages function. Also, just to be clear, avoid running R "As Administrator" under Windows unless you plan to fix the resulting mess yourself.