[R] [FORGED] bootstrapping results in table format

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Oct 7 22:49:12 CEST 2017

> On Oct 7, 2017, at 1:32 PM, Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>
> On 07/10/17 12:16, Peter Wagey wrote:
>> Hi R users,
>> I was struggling to put the results into table format. Would you mind to
>> show using following data and code how we can put the results into table? I
>> further would like to have a  confidence interval for each group.
>> set.seed(1000)
>> data <- as.data.table(list(x1 = runif(200), x2 = runif(200), group =
>> runif(200)>0.5))
>> data.frame(data)
>> head(data)
>> stat <- function(x, i) {x[i, c(m1 = mean(x1))]}
>> A<-data[, list(list(boot(.SD, stat, R = 10))), by = group]$V1
>
> (1) Don't post in html.
>
> (2) Don't send code that makes use of packages that you don't mention
> (in this case "data.table").

Not to mention the boot package.

> (3) Don't use "data" as the name of a data object.  There is a base function called "data" whence you run the risk of getting toadally incomprehensible error messages as the result of certain syntax errors.
> Also see fortune("dog").

Dear Peter;

Rolf makes good points.

What sort of table do you want? Have you looked at the structure of `A`?

str(A)  # output omitted in the interest of brevity

# It's an unnamed list of two 'boot' objects (one for each group), each of which is a named list.

> names(A[[1]])
 [1] "t0"        "t"         "R"         "data"      "seed"      "statistic" "sim"
 [8] "call"      "stype"     "strata"    "weights"

> A[[1]]$t0
       m1
0.5158232

---
David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

'Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.'   -Gehm's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law