[R] load() failed to load .Rdata file in AWS-Ububtu

Eric Berger ericjberger at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 21:09:39 CEST 2017

Hi Christofer,
The directory /srv/shiny-server would normally be owned by the root user.
Your options would seem to be to either (1) bring up the R session as root
(dangerous)
or (2) try copying the file to your local directory and read it from there
(if allowed).
e.g. from the Unix shell:
> cd ~   (i.e. cd to your home directory)
> cp /srv/shiny-server/Dat.Rdata .   (Note the '.' at the end. This may not
work - if not then you can try the following
> sudo cp /srv/shiny-server/Dat.Rdata . (if you have sudo privileges - only
do this if the former command did not work)
> chmod 777 Dat.Rdata  (a bit of overkill - again preface by sudo if it
does not work without it)

Then in your R session you can do the load from the file in this location.
R>  load("~/Dat.Rdata")

HTH,
Eric