[R] Sharing an R installation via NFS on ubuntu cluster

Ista Zahn istazahn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:08:33 CET 2017

On Nov 9, 2017 5:07 AM, "Florian Oswald" <florian.oswald at gmail.com> wrote:

I can install R with

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install r-base

this is not my problem, and indeed, not my question.

my question was how could I share the resulting R installation over NFS? Do
I have to export every location where apt-get installs a component or can I
force apt-get to place the installation in a certain location?

Sounds like a question for an ubuntu forum, or r-sig-debian perhaps.