[R] R-3.4.2: make check stops at line 698 of tests/reg-tests-1d.R

Albrecht Kauffmann alkauffm at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 1 18:08:26 CET 2017

Am Mi, 1. Nov 2017, um 17:40, schrieb Duncan Murdoch:
> On 01/11/2017 12:02 PM, Albrecht Kauffmann wrote:
> > Dear Duncan,
> >
> > Many thanks!

> >> What error message did you see?
> >
> > after: R --vanilla <../R-3.4.2/tests/reg-tests-1d.R
>
> Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I meant to ask what error message you get if you
> run the command that's supposed to generate a warning, i.e. run the code

Oops! Here are the resulting error messages, which are not the same:
> ap1 <- available.packages(repos = "http://foo.bar")
Warning: Cannot access to the index of the repository
http://foo.bar/src/contrib:
  line beginning with '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLI ...' is incorrect formatted

> ap2 <- available.packages(repos = "http://foo.bar")
Error in readRDS(dest) : unknown input format

On my other PC, the same lines give 2 times the same error message:
"Warning: Cannot access to the index of the repository
http://foo.bar/src/contrib: Cannot open URL
'http://foo.bar/src/contrib/PACKAGES' "

Indeed, the second error message on the present PC is different. What
may be the cause?

Many thanks
Albrecht