[R] Request for help - adding text files to a data frame

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Jun 26 08:24:39 CEST 2017

> On Jun 25, 2017, at 7:35 PM, Bhaskar Mitra <bhaskar.kolkata at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have a data frame which looks something like this:
>
>    V1 <-c(1,2,3)
>    V2 <-c(5,6,7)
>    V3 <-c(9,10,11)
>
>     df <- data.frame(V1,V2,V3)
>
> I want to add couple of text files at the beginning of df and save
> the df as a csv file.
>

> The csv file should look something like this:
>
> "AAAAAAAA"
> "BBBBBBBBB"
> "CCCCCCCCC"
> V1  V2 V3
> 1    5  9
> 2    6   10
> 3    7   11

Why exactly would that be called a csv file? (It has no commas.)

At any rate discrepancies like that get resolved in favor of the example and my suggestion would be:

First look carefully at:

?write.table   # and read all the Arguments and Details sections

... as well as following all of the links from that help page that appear just above the Examples.

write(c("AAAAAAAA",
"BBBBBBBBB",
"CCCCCCCCC"), file="test.txt")
write.table(df, file="test.txt", append=TRUE,quote=FALSE,row.names=FALSE)
rning message: