[R] 3D plot with coordinates

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 13:07:23 CEST 2017

On 21/06/2017 5:23 AM, Alaios via R-help wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the reply.After  looking at different parts of the code today I was able to start with simple 2D polar plots as the attached pdf file.  In case the attachment is not visible I used the plot.polar function to create something like that.https://vijaybarve.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/polarplot-05.png
> Now the idea now will be to put three of those (for X,Y,Z) in a 3d rotatable plane. I tried the rgl function but is not clear how I can use directly polar coordinates to draw the points at the three different planes.
> Any ideas on that?

You can't easily do what you're trying to do.  You have 6 coordinates to
display:  the 3 angles and values corresponding to each of them.  You
need to suppress something.

If the values for matching angles correspond to each other (e.g. x=23
degrees and y=23 degrees and z=23 degrees all correspond to the same
observation), then I'd suggest suppressing the angles.  Just do a
scatterplot of the 3 corresponding values.  It might make sense to join
them (to make a path as the angles change), and perhaps to colour the
path to indicate the angle (or plot text along the path to show it).

Duncan Murdoch