[R] about fitting a regression line

Christopher W Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Thu Jun 15 22:07:14 CEST 2017

Rather than just posting your error message, it helps immensely to post the
code that produced the error--indeed with some small sample data that
reproduces the problem.

x <- rnorm(40)
y <- 0.6 * x + rnorm(40, sd = 0.3)
plot(y ~ x)
model <- lm(y ~ cos(x))
summary(model)
plot(y ~ cos(x))
abline(model, col = "red")

## obviously I am not claiming that this is a meaningful or sensible model
## It's just for illustrative purposes

--Chris Ryan