[R] [FORGED] Re: draw stripes in a circle in R

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jun 15 04:16:18 CEST 2017

On 15/06/17 13:51, David Winsemius wrote:

>> On Jun 14, 2017, at 5:52 PM, Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>>
>> Sigh. I never load packages in .Rprofile to avoid the irreproducibility trap. Might seem drastic to some, but I don't feel much pain because I almost always edit my code in a file rather than on the fly at the console, and re-run it frequently from a fresh R process to check my progress.
>
> Yes, <sigh>. But I am a long-time user of the rms/Hmisc combo, as well as the survival package, so near the top of my .Rprofile is:
>
> require(lattice)
> require(sos)
> require(rms)
>
> Should I be ashamed of that?
>
> I suppose I should, and I _am_ ashamed of some of the other stuff in
> there  ....<delete>, <delete> ... and I've been meaning to address my
> manifold deficiencies w.r.t. irreproducibility by moving to RStudio,
> but I keep putting it off.

This is getting *way* off topic ... but why does using RStudio help with
the irreproducibility problem?  I thought that RStudio just made it
easier to point-and-click.  For those who like doing that sort of thing.
(I tend to believe the dictum that a GUI makes it easy to do easy things
and impossible to do hard things.)

cheers,

Rolf

--