[R] [FORGED] Re: draw stripes in a circle in R

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Jun 15 03:51:20 CEST 2017

> On Jun 14, 2017, at 5:52 PM, Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>
> Sigh. I never load packages in .Rprofile to avoid the irreproducibility trap. Might seem drastic to some, but I don't feel much pain because I almost always edit my code in a file rather than on the fly at the console, and re-run it frequently from a fresh R process to check my progress.

Yes, <sigh>. But I am a long-time user of the rms/Hmisc combo, as well as the survival package, so near the top of my .Rprofile is:

require(lattice)
require(sos)
require(rms)

Should I be ashamed of that?

I suppose I should, and I _am_ ashamed of some of the other stuff in there  ....<delete>, <delete> ... and I've been meaning to address my manifold deficiencies w.r.t. irreproducibility by moving to RStudio, but I keep putting it off.

--
David.

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA