[R] How Can I Execute a String Expression?

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 04:30:39 CEST 2017

eval(parse(text = yourstring))  # your string must be  quoted, because
that's what a string is.

But .... don't do this! (usually)

install.packages("fortunes") ## if not already downloaded and installed
library("fortunes")
fortune(106)

See ?substitute and ?bquote for perhaps better ways to proceed.

Cheers,
Bert
Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."