[R] R install/libraries

Chris chris.barker at barkerstats.com
Mon Jan 9 05:52:24 CET 2017

I'd appreciate a tip on (re-)installing libraries for R on my windows machine
I have a windows (Windows 7)  computer and a recent version of R installed (3.3.2).  I discovered that when I install R libraries they install to the "my documents" folder rather than to "program files"This seems to also create problems installing the dependent libraries when a library installs.
I'm presuming that R libraries are not installing to "program files" due to some permission/administrator privilege problems.
I have tried manually copying files from my documents to program files which didn't seem to completely fix the problem.
I also installed "r studio" but that hasn't resolved the problem of libraries not finding other libraries it depends on.A specific example, typically I use Frank Harrel's HMISC, however in my current installation it doesn't find "openssl".
installation tips appreciated.
 Chris Barker, Ph.D.
Adjunct Associate Professor of Biostatistics - UIC-SPH
and
President and Owner
Statistical Planning and Analysis Services, Inc.
www.barkerstats.com
415 609 7473
skype: barkerstats