[R] IRkernel Installation Issues

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Jan 5 22:12:25 CET 2017

> On Jan 5, 2017, at 11:16 AM, Paul Bernal <paulbernal07 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I tried to get the IRkernel going doing the following:
>
> install.packages(c('repr', 'IRdisplay', 'evaluate', 'crayon', 'pbdZMQ',
> 'devtools', 'uuid', 'digest'))
>
> then taking care of proxy settings by doing:
>
> library(devtools)
>
> library(httr)
>
> set_config(use_proxy(url="",port=8080,username="user",password="pswrd"))
>
> then installed package install_github
>
> then called library(githubinstall)
>
> finally install_github(('IRkernel')

The mismatch of parentheses makes me doubt this was an exact copy. I believe the username referred to in the error refers to the username of the author, not your username. Notice the form of all the examples on `?install_github` are of the form:  install_github("klutometis/roxygen")

 Why are you not trying the code suggested on the github page:
https://github.com/IRkernel/IRkernel

 install_github('IRkernel/IRkernel')

(Worked for me on a Mac. No other username or pwd needed)

> However the following error popped up: "Error in username %||%
> getOption("github.user") %||% stop("Unknown username.") :
>  Unknown username.
>
> Any idea what could be wrong? I tried with buth my network username and
> password and my github username and password without any success.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

R-help is a plain text mailing list.