[R] IRkernel Installation Issues

Paul Bernal paulbernal07 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 20:16:54 CET 2017

Hello everyone,

I tried to get the IRkernel going doing the following:

install.packages(c('repr', 'IRdisplay', 'evaluate', 'crayon', 'pbdZMQ',
'devtools', 'uuid', 'digest'))

then taking care of proxy settings by doing:

library(devtools)

library(httr)

set_config(use_proxy(url="",port=8080,username="user",password="pswrd"))

then installed package install_github

then called library(githubinstall)

finally install_github(('IRkernel')

However the following error popped up: "Error in username %||%
getOption("github.user") %||% stop("Unknown username.") :
  Unknown username.

Any idea what could be wrong? I tried with buth my network username and
password and my github username and password without any success.

Regards,

Paul