[R] How to integrate OpenBLAS LAPACK to my RStudio in WINDOWS 7?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Apr 16 09:34:37 CEST 2017

> On Apr 15, 2017, at 7:27 PM, Allan Tanaka via R-help <r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
>
> Hi.
> I have installed OpenBLAS and LAPACK. It's working correctly in Python.
> I also want OpenBLAS and LAPACK to be used in R to speed up computational time but i can't find the installation guide for RStudio in Windows7. Does it mean that RStudio automatically detect the installed OpenBLAS and use it?

Seems unlikely that RStudio has much to do with this matter. I'm reasonably sure that you would need to compile R to link to OpenBLAS but I think LAPACK is the default math package (although you can use an "external" version).

Search for:
A.3.1.3 Goto and OpenBLAS   # in the 'R Installation and Administration' manual

And
A.3.2 LAPACK

> Please let me know.
> THANKS
>
> *Note: I Have installed RTools but i don't set R's mingw, cygwn in the environment path because i have installed those two beforehand. My RSTUDIO=3.4

I thought R's binary wasn't set up to run under Cygwin?

And I didn't change my mind after reading Section:
C.8 Cygwin

I think follow-up question on this matter would be more appropriate on R-devel, but they really do expect you to RTM.

--
David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA