[R] Writing data onto xlsx file without cell formatting

Christofer Bogaso bogaso.christofer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:45:50 CEST 2016

Hi Daniel,

Am attaching an example xlsx file which I need to modify.

I have tried with below code :

library(xlsx)
Data = data.frame(1:20)
wb <- loadWorkbook("asd.xlsx")   ### Assume I saved asd.xlsx in the
working directory
addDataFrame(Data, sheet = getSheets(wb)[['Sheet1']], startRow=5,
startColumn=2, row.names=F, col.names=F)
saveWorkbook(wb, "asd.xlsx")

Basically I am trying to modify the 2nd column with the data of 'Data'
however I do not want to disturb the formatting there in any extend.
However above code removing the cell color, which I do not want.

What could be right code for doing so?

Thanks and regards,

PS: not very sure if R forum would accept my attachment, if not that
file is available in https://ufile.io/50944