[R] Writing data onto xlsx file without cell formatting

Daniel Nordlund djnordlund at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 08:36:51 CEST 2016

On 9/26/2016 2:56 PM, Christofer Bogaso wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I have been following above suggestion to export data from R to xlsx
> file using XLconnect. However recently I am facing Java memory
> allocation problem with large dataset (looks like a known issue with
> this package) and therefore decided to move to using "xlsx" package.
>
> Now I started facing that same problem of losing my existing formating
> when I use xlsx package for data export. Can someone help me with some
> pointer on how can I preserve the cell formating after exporting
> data.frame to some existing xlsx file using "xlsx" package.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Ismail SEZEN <sezenismail at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think, this is what you are looking for:
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11228942/write-from-r-into-template-in-excel-while-preserving-formatting
>>
>> On 11 Jul 2016, at 03:43, Christofer Bogaso <bogaso.christofer at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I am trying to write a data frame to an existing Excel file (xlsx)
>> from row 5 and column 6 of the 1st Sheet. I was going through a
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32632137/using-write-xlsx-in-r-how-to-write-in-a-specific-row-or-column-in-excel-file
>>
>> However trouble is that it is modifying/removing formatting of all the
>> affected cells. I have predefined formatting of those cells where data
>> to be pasted, and I dont want to modify or remove that formatting.
>>
>> Any idea if I need to pass some additional argument.
>>
>> Appreciate your valuable feedback.
>>
>> Thanks,

It would help the list to help you if you gave a reproducible example.
In the absence of that, at least show the actual code you are using to
write to the Excel (.xlsx) sheet.

But maybe reading about the "create" argument on page 13 of this linked
document will help:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/xlsx/xlsx.pdf

Dan

--