[R] age old problem with rJava

Jim Maas jimmaasuk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 13:42:59 CEST 2016

I've installed oracle java 8, at least think I have and tried many things
but still getting this error.  For some reason if I run R as sudo, then the
library rJava loads just fine, but not as user.  Any suggestions most
welcome.

Ubuntu 16.04 linux, R 3.3.1 64-bit

Thanks

> library(rJava)
Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
  call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
  error: unable to load shared object
'/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rJava/libs/rJava.so':
  libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘rJava’

--
Jim Maas