[R] ​Message from Lanzhou University, China. (Help)

Jue Lin-Ye jl.iccp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:26:00 CET 2016

​
Dear Mr. Song,

​​
orry for the late response.

​My response to you, is that, first, y
ou are not assuming a linear relationship in your formula, because the
argument k of your smooth term s() is not 1.

​Now, ​
I cannot see figure 1, but you can obtain figure 2 from the formula that
you describe here. In order to obtain a
​plot with the ​
derivative, you have to create a ne
​w​
column in your matrix or data-frame that is the derivative of the blood
pressure, and then apply gam()
​ as in

​
​
ct=gam(
​derivative(​
Blood pressure
​)​
~s(Temp,k=5)+s(BMI,k=4)+s(Age,k=6)+s(RH,k=4)+s(Pa,k=
5)+Gender+Season,family=gaussian,data=mydata)
​
.

​ope that helps​
. Best regards,