[R] Importing and exporting threedimensional arrays

Ferri Leberl ferri.leberl at gmx.at
Fri Nov 11 10:36:34 CET 2016

Dear all,

I want to process a list of XML-Elements.
In one dimension the elements are listed; in the other their respective properties (name, comment, parent, children, attributes).

I am writing a script that processes such tables, and another one that produces sample tables to test the first script.
So the first script should import tabular-separated lists, and the second should export them with write.table (or anything better you suggest me).

As long as we stay two dimensional I see no difficulties.

However, there can be several children and several attributes. So my idea was to add a third dimension — but some tests I did showed me that e.g.

write.table(array(1:60,dim=c(4,3,5)),"beispielmatrix",sep="\t",quote=FALSE,row.names=F,col.names=F,dec=",")

produces a 2D-tsv.

So, how can I handle the fact, that there may be several items in a children resp. atrribute field?

Thank you in advance!