[R] Regarding to R

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue May 10 18:55:08 CEST 2016

shweta shukla <shuklashweta33 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear,
> I recently started R for my analysis but still not clear concept.
> please guide me with some informative mterial to learn R.
>
> Iam also confuse that which one I should prefer R or R studio and what
> differences in between.

R and RStudio are two different types of thing; it's not a question of
"which one to use".  RStudio is a front-end (interface) for R. You
probably *should* use RStudio (rather than the standard "R console"
interface that comes with R), it's well supported and has lots of
useful features.  Most of the time when you're asking questions,
though, they will be questions about R (unless they are specific
issues about the *interface*, they won't be RStudio-specific).

  It's hard to tell you where to start with "informative material".
What is most useful will depend on your background; your field/desired
type of analyses; language; personality; etc. etc..  There are literally
thousands of R tutorials and books, many available for free on the
internet.  I'd suggest you google "learning R programming", inspect
a dozen or so of the top hits, and see which ones seem to suit you
best.

  good luck,
    Ben Bolker