[R] Regarding to R

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 18:53:35 CEST 2016

Please help us help you.  Tell us what you have tried and where you
have looked (otherwise we may just point you to things you already
know about).  Also what is your focus (simple analysis, learning,
programming, ...)?

The best place to start is with "An Introduction to R" which Installs
with R.  Then there are a lot of tutorials pointed to from the main R
website.

Comparing R and Rstudio is not an either/or question.  R is the
statistical package, Rstudio is an interface to R (Rstudio by itself
is not very useful, it passes the commands to R).

Think of R as being a car with only a few options, it can take you
anywhere and for many it is good enough.  Rstudio is a nice options
package (power steering, a GPS navigation system, etc.)  Things that
make driving the car easier and more enjoyable, but would not help
much without the car to add them to.