[R] Unable to update R software to 3.3.0

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 2 08:31:29 CEST 2016

Hi Sunish,

Sunish Kumar Bilandi <Sunish.Bilandi at evalueserve.com> writes:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am using RedHat 5 and installed R using YUM, (R version 3.2.3) Now I
> want to update R version tp 3.3.0, but I am unable to do that, Is
> there any alternate to do this?
>
> Hope to hear from your side.
>
> Regards,
>

> Sunish Bilandi
> Business Analyst, CIDA-01
> Evalueserve

You don't say what the problem is, but I'm running Scientific Linux 6.7,
which is based on the corresponding version of Red Hat, and have found
that I cannot install R 3.3.0, because the version of zlib available is
too old.  R 3.3.0 requires zlib >= 1.2.5, whereas the version in the SL
repositories is 1.2.3.

So if this is the problem, then you either have to install newer version
of zlib from source or switch to RH7, which comes with zlib 1.2.7.

Cheers,

Loris

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)