[R] Troubleshooting Type III SS and drop1()

Fox, John jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sun Jul 17 22:15:30 CEST 2016

Dear Pamela,

It's very hard to tell from your message what you did, but I'm guessing that you passed the object produced by Anova() to drop1(). If this is in fact what you did, it makes no sense, because Anova() doesn't produce a linear-model object but rather takes such an object as its argument.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor
McMaster University