[R] installing tikzDevices for R 3.2.3

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sat Jan 16 04:37:07 CET 2016

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 21:25:06 -0600 Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to install tikzDevices on a installation of R (3.2.3) on a new machine. However, I am getting:
>
> > install.packages('tikzDevices')
>
> Warning message:
> package ‘tikzDevices’ is not available (for R version 3.2.3)
>
> Is there any way out for me other than wait for the tikzDevices to be updated in the repos? I am on Fedora 23 with everything up to date.
>
> Many thanks in advance for any suggestions and best wishes,
> Ranjan

Sorry to answer my own question, but I found a way out (only specific to tikzDevices):

install.packages("tikzDevice", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

It would be nice to have a general approach, especially when R updated does not mostly mean that packages installed under and earlier version of R stop working.

Best wiehes,
Ranjan