[R] different coloured axis title labels for different axes

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Jan 11 19:54:20 CET 2016

The following shows how to get different colors for most features of a
scatterplot:

plot(1:11,log(1:11),ann=FALSE,axes=FALSE,col="pink",pch=16)
box(col="gray")
title(xlab="X Axis Label", col.lab="light blue")
title(ylab="Y Axis Label", col.lab="light green")
axis(side=1, at=c(2,3,5,7,11), lab=as.expression(lapply(1:5,
function(i)bquote(pi[.(i)]))), col.axis="red", col="orange")
axis(side=2, at=log(c(2,3,5,7,11)), lab=as.expression(lapply(1:5,
function(i)bquote(lambda[.(i)]))), col.axis="blue", col="green")
title(main="Main Title", col.main="magenta", sub="(subtitle)",
col.sub="yellow")

See help(par) for details.  The 'cex' and 'font' parameters have same
subtypes as 'col'.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com