[R] .Internal(La_rs(x, FALSE)) crashes R after long (reproducible) script on windows only

Anthony Damico ajdamico at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:03:28 CET 2016

hi, thank you,

at the point that the corruption exists, the line
`.Internal(La_rs(x,FALSE))` actually breaks without needing `eigen`

i have provided a reproducible example but agree it might not be minimal --
i did try removing various sections, each time the bug unfortunately
vanished.  note the february 22nd edit: even interspersing the script with
the line that triggers the crash prevents the crash in the first place!

i think this occurs in C and not R, and would appreciate pointers about how
one might do that?  the only advice i've have is rebuilding R with a debug
build and gdb, but this seems like a huge lift --  are there any shortcuts
here for someone mostly unfamiliar with C code and even setup?  general
advice on this thread might also help me crack this case  :)

stackoverflow.com/questions/35455135/general-suggestions-on-debugging-internal-in-r

thanks for your time