[R] .Internal(La_rs(x, FALSE)) crashes R after long (reproducible) script on windows only

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:22:52 CET 2016

On 23/02/2016 7:49 AM, Anthony Damico wrote:
> hi, does anybody have a clue why .Internal(La_rs(x,FALSE)) is getting
> corrupted (actual detonation occurs within La_solve_cmplx within Lapack.c)
> on windows but not mac/unix?
>
> i have provided two (long) scripts that reproduce the problem and a third
> script modified to trigger the crash that unfortunately does not reproduce
> the problem
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35447971/internalla-rsx-false-crashes-r-after-long-reproducible-script-on-windows

Just two comments:

  - Your post suggests you're calling .Internal() yourself, but that's
not the case.  So your question should be about why eigen() crashes R.

  - If you need a long script to trigger the error, I'd assume there's
something wrong in that script. Your script uses several contributed
packages, so the problem could be there. Shorten it to a minimal
reproducible example that doesn't use any contributed packages.  If you
can't leave out the packages, try to reduce it to just one, and ask the
maintainer of that package about it.

Duncan Murdoch