[R] LaplacesDemon package installation

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Feb 4 22:23:05 CET 2016

(1) You might get better mileage asking this on the r-sig-mac list.

(2) The phenomena you describe are puzzling and are beyond my capacity
to explain.  Perhaps someone else will be able to enlighten you.

(3) Out of idle curiosity I went to the github site and downloaded the
zip file of the package.  (I could not see a *.tag.gz file, but perhaps
I just don't understand how github works.  Actually, there's no
"perhaps" about it!)

I unzipped the download and then did

     R CMD build LaplacesDemon-master

in the appropriate directory.  This created a file

     LaplacesDemon_15.03.19.tar.gz

Note that the version number seems to be as you require.

I then used your install.packages syntax, and the package installed
seamlessly.  It also loaded seamlessly.

So I don't know why the computer gods are picking on you.

Note that I am not working on a Mac, but rather running Linux (as do all
civilized human beings! :-) )

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--