[R] LaplacesDemon package installation

Lluis.Hurtado at uv.es Lluis.Hurtado at uv.es
Thu Feb 4 18:42:56 CET 2016

Dear all,

I've recently changed my Mac and I am trying to reinstall my commonly used R-packages. I'm having troubles with a package called LaplacesDemon.

This package is no more in the CRAN list and the developers web page (http://www.bayesian-inference.com/software) is out for more than half a year. Old versions of the package can still be found in tar.gz in

https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/LaplacesDemon/

and in github

https://github.com/ecbrown/LaplacesDemon

Last version is LaplacesDemon_13.03.04.tar.gz, but I was able to get version LaplacesDemon_15.03.19.tar.gz time ago (can't find it anymore).

I have tried to install this packages from source in my computer using

> install.packages("/Users/.../LaplacesDemon_15.03.19.tar.gz", repos = NULL, type="source")

answer:

> Warning: invalid package 'Users/.../LaplacesDemon_15.03.19.tar.gz’
>Error: ERROR: no packages specified
>Warning message:
>In install.packages("Users/.../LaplacesDemon_15.03.19.tar.gz",  :
  installation of package ‘Users/.../LaplacesDemon_15.03.19.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status

I also tried the 'Packages & Data' menu in R, selecting the source file or the directory from Finder and I got this message:

> * installing *source* package ‘LaplacesDemon’ ...
> ** R
> ** data
> ** inst
> ** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
> ** help
> *** installing help indices
> ** building package indices
> ** installing vignettes
> ** testing if installed package can be loaded
> * DONE (LaplacesDemon)

but

> library(LaplacesDemon)
Error in library(LaplacesDemon) :
  there is no package called ‘LaplacesDemon’

Finally I tried

> install.packages("devtools")
> library(devtools)
> install_github("ecbrown/LaplacesDemon")

but I am not able to install devtools (for similar reasons). So my questions are:

-Do anyone knows how to install this packages in my Mac?
-Do anyone knows were can I find the information previously content in http://www.bayesian-inference.com/software?

Thank you,

Lluís Hurtado
PhD student