[R] yuen function of the WRS2 package

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Wed Aug 31 00:34:51 CEST 2016

yuen does not work when there unused levels in the factors given to it.

>  yuen(GoalsGame ~ League, tr=0.2, data = SpainGer)
Call:
yuen(formula = GoalsGame ~ League, data = SpainGer, tr = 0.2)

Test statistic: NaN (df = NA), p-value = NA

Trimmed mean difference:  NaN
95 percent confidence interval:
NaN     NaN

>  yuen(GoalsGame ~ League, tr=0.2, data = droplevels(SpainGer))
Call:
yuen(formula = GoalsGame ~ League, data = droplevels(SpainGer),
    tr = 0.2)

Test statistic: 0.8394 (df = 16.17), p-value = 0.4135

Trimmed mean difference:  -0.11494
95 percent confidence interval:
-0.405     0.1751

Complain to WSR2's maintainer.