[R] polygon angle option perpendicular to axis

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 16:50:10 CEST 2016

Filling polygons with lines is a throwback to the time when the height
of quality graphics was the mechanical pen plotter (a device that used
a pen in a mechanical arm to draw the plot on a piece of paper).
Computing and printing technology has advanced quite a bit from that
day, so you may want to reconsider why you want polygons filled with
lines instead of just a solid color (and I consider white, grey, and
black as colors for this purpose).