[R] Haplotype network appearance

NURIA BLASCO LAVILLA nuria.blasco at um.es
Tue Apr 26 12:03:01 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm doing haplotype networks with the package pegas and the script from
Jimmy O'Donell's blog. The networks which I obtain are a little ugly and
I'd like to change some aspects of their appearance, but I'm just starting
with R and I don't know how to do it. I have the following problems:

-Some nodes overlap. I increase the scale.ratio but then I get a tiny
legend. So I need to increase the legend or the links in the graphic. I
haven't found any way to increase only the links and, as to the legend, I
haven't seen a way to adjust its size without creating it apart from the
graphic. Is there another way to solve this problem?

-Some nodes are very small and labels hide them. As their size is already
small, I'd like to know if there is a way of changing its position and put
them outside the nodes.

-Finally, I get a lot of gray and discontinous lines which I don't
understand and I don't know how to remove them.

Thanks in advance,

Nuria.