[R] comparing 2 long lists in R

Bogdan Tanasa tanasa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 21:43:23 CEST 2015

Dear all,

please could you advise on a computationally quick way to compare and merge
2 long lists in R;
the lists are of the following type, for example :

<> in list 1 :

chromosome, coordinateA, coordinateB, value1
chromosome, coordinateC, coordinateC, value2,
etc

<> in list 2 :

chromosome, coordinateX, coordinateY, value6
chromosome, coordinateZ, coordinateT, value8,
etc

In the unified list, if coordinateA=coordinateX, and
coordinateB=coordinateY, then we write :

chromosome, coordinateA, coordinateB, value1, coordinateX, coordinateY,
value6,

otherwise, we write the individual values :

chromosome, coordinateA, coordinateB, value1,
chromosome, coordinateX, coordinateY, value6,

thanks,

bogdan