[R] Comparing two populations based on the percentile values calculated from two independent samples

Cade, Brian cadeb at usgs.gov
Thu Sep 24 21:13:27 CEST 2015

You can use quantile regression (in quantreg package) to compare
percentiles between two groups in a linear model formulation.  If you are
really interested in "equivalence" testing and not just using the term
informally, you might check out Cade (2011.  Estimating equivalence with
quantile regression.  Ecological Applications 21: 281-289) for some
examples.

Brian

Brian S. Cade, PhD

U. S. Geological Survey