[R] Unable to run RcmdrPlugin.survival using 3.2.2 with Windows 10
jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Sep 3 17:29:52 CEST 2015
I too run R 3.2.2 on a Windows 10 system. I uninstalled R, deleted my package library, and then reinstalled R and the Rcmdr and RcmdrPlugin.survival packages. I took all defaults, except that I selected the SDI rather than the default MDI for Rgui, but I seriously doubt that this is the source of your problem. I used the 0-Cloud mirror, both for R 3.2.2 and for packages.
I'm afraid that I can't duplicate your problem -- everything works perfectly fine for me.
You provided a reasonable amount of detail, but is there anything else you can add?
John Fox, Professor
Canada L8S 4M4
From: R-help [r-help-bounces at r-project.org] on behalf of Joyaa Antares [joyaa at goldcoastosteopathy.com.au]
Sent: September 3, 2015 8:31 AM
To: r-help at r-project.org
Subject: [R] Unable to run RcmdrPlugin.survival using 3.2.2 with Windows 10
I am quite new to R. I downloaded R 3.2.2 for Windows to use with Windows 10.
On attempting to load the RcmdrPlugin.survival plug-in I got this error message:
Error in structure(.External(.C_dotTclObjv, objv), class = "tclObj") :
[tcl] invalid command name "configure".
The lead-up to this was:
* I uninstalled R 3.2.2 and deleted all R files I could find.
* Downloaded R 3.2.2 to do a fresh install
* Opened the .exe file as Administrator
* Ran 64-bit R as Administrator
* Updated all packages
* Installed Rcmdr and RcmdrPlugin.survival
* Ran Rcmdr using library(Rcmdr) from the console
* This required an install of a host of packages, which I installed
* Loaded RcmdrPlugin.survival from the Tools menu
* I was asked to restart R commander, and when I tried it didn’t open properly (showing only File/Edit/Data in the menu bar), and this wouldn’t close properly either. The error message as above showed in the console.
I haven’t posted to the list before and would be very grateful for help. Thank you. Joyaa
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
R-help at r-project.org mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
More information about the R-help