[R] JSONlite import problem

K. Elo maillists at nic.fi
Fri Oct 23 21:44:03 CEST 2015

Hi!

I have collected 500.000+ tweets with a Python script using 'tweepy',
which stored the data in JSON format. I would like to use R for data
analysis, but have encountered problems when trying to import the data
file with 'jsonlite'.

Here what I have tried:

 > data.df<-fromJSON("example.json")
Error in feed_push_parser(readBin(con, raw(), n), reset = TRUE) :
   parse error: trailing garbage
           stamp_ms":"1436705823768"}   {"created_at":"Sun Jul 12 12:57
                      (right here) ------^

The import fails already on the first line :( A sample file causing this
error is attached.

I have tried several solutions, e.g. this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26519455/error-parsing-json-file-with-the-jsonlite-package

but it does not work and results in the same error.

Could anyone help me to understand what is causing the error and how to
solve the issue? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Kimmo Elo

--
University of Turku, Finland
Dep. of political science and contemporary history