[R] Vincentizing Reaction Time data in R

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu May 21 06:13:59 CEST 2015

I have one more suggestion:
Consult a local statistician. Psychology, neuroscience (and a host of
other professions that I have encountered) are full of bad statistical
practice and reinvention of wheels. "Vincentizing" sounds suspiciously
like such an example. A statistician could help you sort it out and
either validate the methodology or point you to equivalent more
standard versions (and R packages or functions that might implement
them) or other better alternatives.

Psychology and neuroscience are in particular undergoing public soul
searching regarding their research methodology and the
irreproducibility of many of their published results. Don't add to the
problem: get help from someone local with the necessary statistical
expertise.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter