[R] Vincentizing Reaction Time data in R

Daniel Nordlund djnordlund at frontier.com
Thu May 21 04:07:11 CEST 2015

On 5/20/2015 6:22 PM, John Kane wrote:

> [...]

A (very) brief search regarding 'vincentizing' reaction time (RT)
suggests that it just involves binning the RTs and computing the means
within bins (typically deciles), then analyzing how the distribution of
means differs across experimental conditions.  This may help you get
started.

# create some data
rt <- rnorm(100,200,50)
# create deciles for binning
decile <- as.numeric(cut(rt, quantile(rt,0:10)/10),include.lowest=TRUE))
# collect into a dataframe (not really necessary)
df <- data.frame(rt=rt, decile=decile)
#compute the bin means
aggregate(rt,list(decile),mean,data=df)

This should give you a start,