[R] Problems using nlmrt package

Carlos Ortiz Oñate ortiz.onate.carlos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 17:08:00 CEST 2015

Hello to everybody,

I want to implement a non-linear least square curve fitting and I am using
the package "nlmrt", concretely the function nlxb. I have a dataset with
three variables and 176 values, one response variables (R) and two
predicting variables (T and H). When I fit a model of the form R ~
a*b^((T-10)/10) to my data using the function nlxb seems to be all ok with
a complet output; the same happens when I fit a model R ~ a + b*H - c*H^2.
But due to my research interest, when I try to fit a model result of the
product of the above models (R ~ (b1*b2^((T-10)/10))*(b3 + b4*H - b5*H^2) I
do obtain NA values in the SE, tstat and pval fields from the nlxb output,
as showed below:

nlmrt class object: x
residual sumsquares =  25348  on  176 observations
    after  4    Jacobian and  5 function evaluations
  name            coeff          SE       tstat      pval
gradient    JSingval
R10            0.0619936            NA         NA         NA
7.494e-06        8822
Q10              2.27113            NA         NA         NA
5.422e-08       217.5
a                 133.85            NA         NA         NA
-2.288e-09       75.96
b                56.8145            NA         NA         NA
8.058e-09       0.658
c                1.11775            NA         NA         NA
2.8e-07   1.928e-15

I would like to know which error do you think I am making. Attached is the
document which contain the data.

Thank you very much in advance,

Carlos.

--