[R] "effects" package issue for lme4's lmer()

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Jan 29 22:29:43 CET 2015

Dear Krisztina,

I don't think that you mentioned that you were using Mac OS X and if you did I missed it. Presumably allEffects() still doesn't work because you didn't install the development version of effects.

R-Forge doesn't build binary packages for Mac OS X. If you're set up to build R packages on your Mac you should be able to use

	install.packages("effects", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org", type="source")

If not, then you'll have to wait until the new version is moved to CRAN. An alternative would be to bypass allEffects() and plot each effect of interest individually using Effect() with KR=FALSE.

I hope this helps,
 John