[R] "effects" package issue for lme4's lmer()

Krisztina Mosdossy kriszmosdossy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 21:52:16 CET 2015

Hello John,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Unfortunately, I get the following message when trying to download the
"effects" package from R-forge (and allEffects() doesn't work):

Warning: unable to access index for repository
> http://R-Forge.R-project.org/bin/macosx/mavericks/contrib/3.1
>    package ‘effects’ is available as a source package but not as a binary
> Warning message:
> package ‘effects’ is not available (for R version 3.1.2)

I don't think I have ever downloaded a packed from R-Forge before, so I am
unsure of how to resolve this. Words of wisdom?

Thank you!

-Krisz