[R] Latest version of Rtools is incompatible with latest version of R !!

PRAMEET LAHIRI prameet_lahiri at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jan 16 12:55:18 CET 2015

find_rtools() is a function of the 'devtools' package.  Maybe it's an
issue with that package and not R, and I'm pretty sure Duncan Murdoch
put great efforts in asserting Rtools is working well with R (that's
been my experience for the last 5-10 years).

I also know that devtools 1.7.0 have been submitted to CRAN, so
if/when that becomes available you problem might be solved.  You can
of course also grab it earlier from the devtools GitHub page.

My $.02
Henrik

Hello Henrik,Thanks a lot for your reply! I'd just say that I have installed devtools package, when I use find.package("devtools") I get a normal response  - {"[1] "C:/Users/prameet/Documents/R/win-library/3.1/devtools"}. But when I try to load Devtools using library(devtools) function the response I get is -
[WARNING: Rtools 3.2 found on the path at c:/Rtools is not compatible with R 3.1.2.Please download and install Rtools 3.1 from http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/, remove the incompatible version from your PATH, then run find_rtools().]

Funnily, this problem disappears when I use RTools31.exe. And, I am not the only one facing this issue. A lot of people in my group (in which we all are learning R) are facing the same problem. I am really puzzled as to why RTools32.exe isn't compatible with R 3.1.2 !!
Thanks again for your time !!Prameet