[R] x11() hangs in 3.2.1

Steven Backus backus at genepi.med.utah.edu
Sat Aug 1 01:22:01 CEST 2015

marc_schwartz at me.com writes:

> First, just an FYI, that this would be better posted to R-SIG-Fedora:

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

> Can you run:
>   capabilities()
> in a terminal session and see what it shows for X11:

Yes, here is the output:

       jpeg         png        tiff       tcltk         X11        aqua
       TRUE        TRUE        TRUE       FALSE        TRUE       FALSE
   http/ftp     sockets      libxml        fifo      cledit       iconv
       TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE
        NLS     profmem       cairo         ICU long.double     libcurl
       TRUE       FALSE        TRUE       FALSE        TRUE       FALSE

> Did you install R via local compilation?

Yes, local compilation.

> Presuming local compilation, I would check your configure and build
> logs for warnings/errors. It is possible that you are missing an
> X11 header or lib someplace.

The config.log file has lots of errors but nothing obviously
related to this problem.

Thanks for your help,
  Steve
--
Steven J. Backus                        Computer Systems Manager
University of Utah                      E-Mail:  steven.backus at utah.edu
Genetic Epidemiology                    Alternate:  backus at math.utah.edu
391 Chipeta Way -- Suite D              Office:  801.587.9308
Salt Lake City, UT 84108-1266           http://www.math.utah.edu/~backus