[R] issue with package updates

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 02:04:35 CEST 2015

Hi Iryna,
The two paths seem to be a "user" path (one beneath your home
directory) and a "system" path (one in another branch of the directory
tree). You usually have to have superuser privileges to write files in
the second. In most *NIX systems you use "su" to become "root" (the
superuser), and if you can do this, then perform the update.

Jim