[R] Removing words and initials with tm

Sun Shine phaedrusv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 13:17:35 CEST 2015

Hey Jim

So far I've re-run the process and sub'bed initials and proper names
with blank space, and changed other names (including acronyms) to
something less tricky (your e.g. #1 NMR is therefore "NucMagRes", etc.)
*before* I converted to lower case. By and large, that seems to cut it,
at least for my present purposes.

I don't have a workaround for your e.g. #2 though!

One really has to have a relatively decent handle on the scope of the
variations and text content first. I'm not sure how one would do this
kind of thing effectively on a large and unseen corpus.

Anyway, thanks for your reply and thoughts.

Sun