[R] Removing words and initials with tm

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:38:21 CEST 2015

Hi Sun,
In fact, case sensitivity is the default in functions like "sub". The
problem may then become separating initials from acronyms if they are
present in the corpus:

gsub("NM","","An NMR was performed on NM Jones")
[1] "An R was performed on  Jones"

How you are going to deal with names like York may also be tricky:

gsub("York","","Reginald York took a holiday in New York.")
[1] "Reginald  took a holiday in New ."

Jim