[R] Failure with .Rprofile on Mac OS X

Amos B. Elberg amos.elberg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 07:18:52 CEST 2014

David - the startup directory for Terminal.app shouldn't affect where R
looks for .Rprofile.  If R is started from the command line, it should
look in whatever is the user's current directory (which will be ~/ if
Terminal was just launched), and then ~/  .  It shouldn't be looking in
/Applications/ unless you happen to have cd'd to /Applications before
launching R.

(You put up the environment variables present in one launch and absent
from another, but what I was really looking for is whether something in
his shell is changing a path.  Because mac environment variables are
funky that way.)