[R] R and R Studio - Problem with the package xlsx

Anh Vo nanh.vothi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:36:32 CET 2014

Dear list,

I'm running windows 7 with R i386 3.1.2. I'm trying to load a excel
spreadsheet into R using the xlsx package. I posted my code below with the
error I got.

[R Studio]

> library(xlsx)
> quiz1q3data <- read.xlsx("quiz1q3.xlsx",sheetIndex=1,header=FALSE)
Error in .jcall("RJavaTools", "Ljava/lang/Object;", "invokeMethod", cl,  :
  java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid code -- missing end-of-block

With [R], it was even worse as I could not load the rJava package which the
xlsx library depends on.

Has anyone an idea what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Anh