[R] how to make R plot under Linux

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu May 15 08:36:59 CEST 2014

On 15/05/14 17:18, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> This is not an Ubuntu tech support list. It is possible to install
> the X11 client support even on headless servers, which is one of the
> things R on the server needs to send graphics commands to your
> computer.  However, if your sysadmin won't do it then it is not going
> to happen, and we are most definitely not here to tell him how to do
> his job since this is a list for questions about R.

Well ***somebody*** ought to tell the dork how to do his job, since he
clearly isn't doing it.  The job of a system administrator should be to
help users to accomplish the tasks that they need to do, not to hinder,
impede and stone-wall them.

The tell-tale word here is "administrator" --- those of that breed seem
to get their kicks from frustrating those who do the actual work.

cheers,

Rolf Turner